Twitter hilariously interprets Trump’s latest lies about election rigging as his concession speech

first_img– Advertisement – Fox News commentator Jesse Watters, of the show “Watters World,” obviously begs to differ as evidenced in video Trump included with his perceived concession tweet. Apparently missing the part when Trump led us into a pandemic leading to more than 245,400 deaths, Watters said something “just doesn’t feel right” about Biden being president. “Joe Biden didn’t earn it. He didn’t really even campaign. He thought he was going to lose. You could see it. He ran a losing campaign. So 10 days after the election, how’s he ahead,” Watters asked.- Advertisement – CNN’s Jake Tapper tweeted: “Everything after ‘He won’ is a lie. But those first two words are accurate!” Writer Frederick Joseph tweeted: “He had me at ‘He won…’” And in answering screenwriter and former Republican David Weissman’s question asking why Trump even wants a job he doesn’t do, blogger Jeff Shuey summarized the exiting president’s time in office. “He never wanted the job. He just wanted the perks. He’s golfed over 300 days. #TrumpConceded by failing … again. He is a failed @potus He is a failed human,” Shuey tweeted.x And even though the president tried desperately to take back the words, deleting the post and instead tweeting “RIGGED ELECTION. WE WILL WIN!” in the eyes of many Twitter users, it was too late.  x Let me say it again for the people with the cheap seats: Trump led us into a pandemic leading to more than 245,400 deaths. The racist-in-chief can claim as many times as he wants that a brief election results error in one Michigan county somehow equated to millions of faulty ballots, but the simple truth is that Dominion Voting Systems, the election tech company linked to the error, didn’t trigger school closings throughout the country or send wide swaths of the American population into quarantine. The president’s mismanagement of the coronavirus did.RELATED: COVID-19 news: One-half of U.S. deaths could have been avoided; still no mask for Donald RELATED: Researchers attribute at least 700 deaths directly to Trump’s disease-ridden rallies- Advertisement – The Georgia run-off is January 5th. Request an absentee ballot by Nov. 18. Early in-person voting starts Dec. 14. And REGISTER TO VOTE here by Dec. 7.And give $3 right now to rip the Senate majority from Mitch McConnell’s cold dead hands. – Advertisement –last_img read more

‘Fatal mistake’ for countries to assume they won’t get coronavirus: WHO chief

first_imgIt would be a “fatal mistake” for any country to assume it will not be hit by the new coronavirus, and rich countries that might have thought they were safer should expect surprises, the head of the World Health Organization said on Thursday.The head of the WHO’s emergency program said Iran, which has so far reported the most deaths outside of China, may be dealing with an outbreak that is worse than yet understood. He also said discussions were being held with organizers about the fate of the Olympic games scheduled for July in Japan.“No country should assume it won’t get cases, that would be a fatal mistake, quite literally,” WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said. “And I even say if you take Italy, a member of the G7, it was really a surprise. So even many other developed countries you also see some surprises, should expect some surprises.”Tedros said epidemics in Iran, Italy and South Korea were at a “decisive point”: still marked by clusters of infections with some transmission in communities, but not yet by sustained community transmission.The WHO declared the outbreak an international emergency on Jan. 30 and has been urging countries to ready screening, isolation wards and public education campaigns.“This virus has pandemic potential,” Tedros said. “This is not a time for fear. This is a time for taking action to prevent infection and save lives now.” He said U.S. President Donald Trump was right in suggesting hygienic measures similar to those to prevent flu, such as frequent hand washing.Iran said on Thursday its death toll from coronavirus had risen to 26 and the total number of infected people now stood at 245, the highest number of deaths from the virus outside China.Asked about Iran’s nearly 10% death rate among known cases, Dr. Mike Ryan, head of WHO’s emergencies program, said it was an indication that the disease might have spread further in Iran than revealed in the official figures.“The most likely factor is obviously this disease came unseen and undetected into Iran, the extent of infection may be broader than we think,” he said.“I don’t suspect it has anything to do with clinical care, more to do with surveillance,” he said, adding that so far more severe cases had been detected, while milder cases would follow.Ryan said the WHO was working closely with organizers of the Tokyo Olympic Games and did not believe any decision would be taken soon on whether to hold the event starting in July as planned.“Everyone is working together to try to preserve what is a fantastically important global event,” he said.Topics :last_img read more

Heavy rainfall causes flash flooding in Layou

first_img Tweet Share Sharing is caring! Share LocalNews Heavy rainfall causes flash flooding in Layou by: – October 20, 2011center_img Layou area flash flooding earlier today.Heavy rainfall last night and during the early hours of this morning has caused flash flooding the village of Layou this morning.The areas which were significantly affected are the old gas station and old boxing shed in Layou.Disaster Preparedness Coordinator Nathaniel Issac says the area is prone to flash flooding since the Matthieu Dam collapsed in July of this year and has caused the river bed to rise significantly.“The advent of the collapse of the Matthieu Dam, the Layou River bed has risen significantly and any heavy rainfall would cause that river to flood and so it is not any surprise that with the amount of rainfall last night and the early hours of this morning that there was some sort of inconvenience because of flooding in the area,” he said.Mr Issac further reported “about eleven, twelve o’clock that vehicles were able to traverse the area with little difficulty”.The Disaster Preparedness Coordinator says signs have been erected to alert the general public that the area is prone to flash flooding, and also reiterate that heavy rainfall can cause a reoccurrence of this morning’s flash flooding.“We have installed signs in that area indicating that the area is prone to flash flood and that’s what happened this morning. We just want to again warn persons that anytime there is significant rainfall in the area or in the interior, there’s the possibility of having a flash flood in that area because the river bed is significantly higher than it originally was,” he said.Here are a few photographs of the area: [nggallery id = 85]Dominica Vibes News 12 Views   no discussions Sharelast_img read more