‘In the Secret Sea’ View Comments This is some creative team that’s been put together for an off-Broadway production! Tony winner Martin Charnin (Annie) will direct In The Secret Sea, a new American play by Cate Ryan. Tickets are now available for the show, which is scheduled to run April 15 through May 21. Opening night is set for April 21 at Theatre Row’s Beckett Theatre.The production, wait for it…will feature scenic design by Tony winner Beowulf Boritt (Act One) and Alexis Distler, lighting design by Tony winner Ken Billington (Chicago) and costume design by Suzy Benzinger.In the play, a newly married couple and their parents confront a life and death decision. The outcome will change all of their lives forever.Casting will be announced later. In the Secret Sea Related Shows Show Closed This production ended its run on May 21, 2016
“We see a future where every device becomes a commerce device. This not only includes a shift in mobile-based payments, but also a move from ‘static’ plastic to ‘dynamic’ interactive payment cards and systems.”That’s MasterCard Group Exec, Global Credit and Debit Products Carlos Menendez commenting on the company’s recent investment in a dynamic card that, literally, powers payments at existing points of sale.MasterCard and Dynamics Inc., a company that designs and manufactures intelligent battery-powered payment devices and advanced payment platforms, are partnering in a commercial initiative to drive innovation in the interactive payment card market, according to a MasterCard release.The initiative follows the recent announcement of Dynamics’ Series C funding of $70 million, as a result of which its new investors MasterCard and CIBC joined existing backers Bain Capital Ventures and Adams Capital Management. Thanks to the partnership, MasterCard will now offer exclusive Dynamics products to its issuers worldwide. These products aim to provide consumers with added choice, flexibility and security at the point of sale. continue reading » ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr
It’s sad to say, but the bad guys are winning.Earlier this year, the Federal Reserve of Minneapolis released a survey of 283 credit unions and banks, comparing account fraud in 2015 versus 2016. The result: 41% of financial institutions said fraud had actually increased. And it’s affecting smaller banks and credit unions the most.According to a study from LexisNexis Risk Solutions, credit unions spend $3 on every $1 of fraud. In its broadest sense, cybercrime is a $600 billion industry. But the harsh reality is that the financial institutions incur the biggest costs.But for credit unions specifically, there’s good news: you have an ally in defeating the bad guys. Your members. continue reading » 3SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr
The House passed the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for fiscal year 2020 Thursday without any language expanding the Department of Defense’s (DOD) discretionary authority to waive the certain costs for land leases and fees.Currently the DOD has authority to do so for credit unions, and CUNA, leagues and the Defense Credit Union Council (DCUC) have engaged with House policymakers since last year’s NDAA, which would have granted banks unconditional, rent-free access to military installations.“We’re pleased CUNA, league and DCUC engagement resonated with House Members as this bill was drafted, introduced, marked up and now passed the House without any inclusion of language expanding rent-free access to military bases,” said CUNA President/CEO Jim Nussle. “Credit unions’ have a legacy of more than 70 years of service to military members and their families. We look forward to engaging further as this bill goes to conference committee to ensure the final version is free of any language that would change the DOD’s current exemption authority.” continue reading » ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr
FT | ð®ðª#IRLU17 6-0 ð¦ð©A stunning display from Ireland sees them start qualification in the perfect way ðGoals from Conor Conroy and Calum Kavanagh added to 4â£ first-half goals at Turner’s Cross#COYBIG pic.twitter.com/SmqX8z9X0u— FAIreland â½ï¸ð®ðª (@FAIreland) November 12, 2019 Advertisement Calum Kavanagh has impressed at youth level for Middlesbrough and Ireland (Picture: Getty Images)Chelsea are leading the race for Middlesbrough’s teenage prospect Calum Kavanagh, although Arsenal maintain an interest in the young striker.The 16-year-old has caught the eye in the youth set-up at the Riverside Stadium and has appeared for Republic of Ireland at under-15 and under-17 level.The prospect scored in a heavy 6-0 win for Ireland under-17s against Andorra in November last year and captained the under-15 side.While he has not yet made a first team appearance for Middlesbrough, he is seen as the stand out performer in their academy system and has done enough to attract the interest of Premier League giants.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENTThe Sun report that Boro are keen to tie the youngster down to a long contract, but he is not ready to commit to a lengthy future at the club as he knows his career could take him to bigger and better places.While he is in no rush to leave Middlesbrough, he is aware of the interest from the London clubs, with Chelsea believed to be in pole position to sign him in the summer. Boro are struggling in the Championship this season, sitting 19th in the table, just two points above the relegation zone.The prospect of leaving for the likes of Chelsea or Arsenal would probably be too good to turn down for the teenager.Kavanagh’s father, Graham, also played for Middlesbrough, as well as turning out for the likes of Stoke, Cardiff, Wigan, Sunderland and Republic of Ireland over a long career.MORE: Manchester United to offer Dean Henderson huge new contract amid Chelsea interestMORE: Frank Lampard sanctions £85m Chelsea transfer bid for Liverpool and Man Utd target Leon BaileyFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.For more stories like this, check our sport page. Chelsea edging out Arsenal in battle for Middlesbrough teenager Calum Kavanagh Comment Metro Sport ReporterSunday 15 Mar 2020 10:33 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link697Shares Advertisement
28 Loch St, West End.Ms Belshaw described the home as “dilapidated” on the outside, however the inside featured original chandeliers, leadlighting and antique furniture.“This property is really unique,” she said.“Nothing has come to the market in this style.“We’ve had lots of interest already, with 51 people coming through in the three open homes we’ve had.”She said potential buyers included local families looking to renovate the property, or invest within the West End school catchment. The property goes to auction at 9am on Saturday. 28 Loch St, West End. 28 Loch St, West End.For the first time in more than 35 years this shabby home at 28 Loch St, West End has hit the market.Ray White City Precinct Brisbane — Brisbane City selling agent Danielle Belshaw said a Greek couple, aged in their 70s, were selling their pre 1946 family home. 28 Loch St, West End.More from newsCrowd expected as mega estate goes under the hammer7 Aug 2020Hard work, resourcefulness and $17k bring old Ipswich home back to life20 Apr 2020Ms Belshaw said the four-bedroom, one-bathroom home was originally a boarding house many years ago.There is a spacious 15m frontage and the original home spans over two blocks of land consisting of 607sq m.She said the couple had moved up from Sydney and raised their three children in the house.“They have realised it’s time to downsize, it’s the right time in their life for a change,” Ms Belshaw said. SIGN UP: GET THE LATEST REAL ESTATE NEWS DIRECT TO YOUR INBOX HERE 28 Loch St, West End.
The UK’s Pensions and Lifetime Savings Association (PLSA) has launched a taskforce to tackle the problems faced by defined benefit (DB) pension schemes and come up with solutions and recommendations for the UK government. The former deputy chair of the Bank of England’s working group on procyclicality by pension funds and insurance companies will chair the taskforce.It counts Stephen Soper, the former head of DB and interim chief executive of the UK pensions regulator, among its seven other members. Soper has been senior pensions adviser at PwC since September. Joanne Segars, chief executive of the PLSA, announced the launch of the initiative at the association’s investment conference in Edinburgh today.“The difficulties facing defined benefit schemes are much talked about, and they often seem too complex or enormous to address – but those problems aren’t going away any time soon,” she said.The taskforce will “tease out” the detail of the challenges facing DB schemes and set out possible solutions, she added. “Some of those solutions may be radical, but, if we work together, I am confident we can find the right answers.” The taskforce, which comprises industry experts and academics, will seek views and evidence from schemes of all sizes, as well as sponsors, regulators, government and intermediaries.It intends to report its initial findings in the summer and has been tasked to come up with recommendations for the UK government by October, with a full report to be published at the PLSA’s annual conference that month.Ashok Gupta, chair of the new taskforce, said it would aim “to cut through the Gordian Knot” facing UK pension schemes. “There is broad consensus the pensions sector should provide long-term sustainable outcomes for members and act as a powerful engine of growth to the economy,” he said. “It is clear however, that for some time pension schemes have been grappling with a wide range of challenges, including scheme funding, changing regulatory requirements and an uncertain macro-economic environment.“These have hampered their ability to deliver both commonly agreed objectives.” The other members of the taskforce are:Duncan Buchanan, partner, Hogan Lovells and president, Society of Pensions ProfessionalsFrank Johnson, PLSA DB Council and former managing director of investments at RPMI RailpenJackie Peel, PLSA DB CouncilPaul Trickett, chairman of trustees of the Legal and General Mastertrust and Zurich UK pension schemeKevin Wesbroom, senior partner, Aon HewittLesley Williams, PLSA chair
The home at 4 Barton St, 1770, includes a retro pastel kitchen.Marketing agent Tim Lawry, of PRD Nationwide Agnes Waters, said the home at 4 Barton St was on “one of the finest sites” in 1770 and could be restored to be a classic Queensland beach shack. The view from the porch of 62 Rickman Pde, Woorim.Keith Wilkins, of Knobel and Davis Real Estate, said this was a rare opportunity to buy an original Bribie beach cottage. For those interested in a project, there is an original Queenslander on a gently sloping 809sq m block, with ocean and sunset views, in the town of 1770. SWITCH off the smart phone, enjoy the sea breezes and soak in the views from these back-to-basics beach shacks on the market in Queensland. In South Mission Beach, an A-frame timber cottage on an elevated 1,012sq m block with ocean views and sea breezes is for sale for $595,000. The cottage at 9 Mitchell St, South Mission Beach.The tin and timber shack also has a stone fireplace and timber floorboards. In Maroochydore, a colourful 1930s cottage at 78 Picnic Point Esp is across the road from the river and close to beaches. The view from the front porch of 78 Picnic Point Esp, Maroochydore.Marketing agent Damien Said, of Century 21 Duporth Maroochydore, described the property as an “ideal getaway” as well as a blue chip land holding. The coastal shack is going to auction on Thursday, March 7 at 6pm. If you are more into the sound of crashing waves, check out this original beach cottage on Bribie Island. The shack at 4 Barton St, 1770, has plenty of potential. The three-bedroom, one-bathroom home is full of character, including timber floors, VJ walls and a pastel rainbow kitchen. It has an enclosed front veranda looking out to the ocean as well as side and rear decks. Inside the 1930s cottage at 78 Picnic Point Esp, Maroochydore. The riverside cottage at 78 Picnic Point Esp, Maroochydore.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus14 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market14 hours agoThe restored three-bedroom home has an enclosed front deck looking over the river, a sunroom with wet bar, a spacious lounge room and a renovated kitchen. There is semi-outdoor bathroom on the enclosed back deck, and a tandem carport on the 506sq m block. The view from inside 9 Mitchell St, South Mission Beach.Marketing agent Tania Steele, of Tropical Property, said 9 Mitchell St may be basic but the view more than made up for any lack. The home includes an open-plan living and bedroom area, a combined bathroom and laundry, a mezzanine level and a covered deck looking out towards the ocean. The seaside home at 62 Rickman Pde, Woorim.The two-bedroom shack at 62 Rickman Pde, Woorim is on a 647sq m beachfront block with established trees and gardens. The home has an open-plan kitchen and living area, front porch, two bedrooms and a bathroom.
BACOLOD City – A senior citizen washacked to death in Barangay Asia, Hinoba-an, Negros Occidental. The 60-year-old Vivincio Responte ofBarangay Alim, Hinoba-an died of hack wounds on the body, a police reportshowed. Walog tried to evade arrest but failedwhen barangay officials caught him. He was detained in the lockup facilityof the Hinoba-an municipal police station./PN According to police investigators,Walog was drunk when he hacked Responte around 1:30 a.m. on Jan. 1. But themotive in the incident was not immediately established. Police identified the suspect as30-year-old resident Arnel Walog.
The respondents would also be facing administrative charges before the Office of the Ombudsman, he added. CIDG Region 6 discovered that some SAP beneficiaries in the region were not qualified to receive the cash assistance./PN Joint Memorandum Circular No. 1 Series of 2020 signed by the implementing departments states that each qualified family can receive between P5,000 to P8,000 per month for two months for basic food, medicine, and toiletries. According to Balmaceda, the charges filed were for violation of Republic Act 3019 (Anti-Graft and Corrupt Practices Act) and violation of Section 4, Paragraph C of Republic Act 11469 (Bayanihan to Heal as One Act). ILOILO City – A total of 147 barangay officials and personnel of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) in Western Visayas have been charged for alleged anomalies in the distribution of the national government’s Social Amelioration Program’s (SAP) emergency cash assistance. The program is headed by the DSWD, in cooperation with the Department of Labor and Employment, Department of Trade and Industry, Department of Agriculture, Department of Finance, Department of Budget and Management, and Department of the Interior and Local Government. In Western Visayas, the subsidy is P6,000 for each beneficiary (per family or household basis). Of the 147 respondents, 25 were barangay captains, one Sangguniang Kabataan chairperson, 42 barangay kagawad, 27 barangay secretaries, seven barangay health workers, five purok leaders, six liaison officers, 30 civilians, and four DSWD personnel. The cash emergency subsidy program is mandated by the new law, the Bayanihan to Heal as One Act, which was signed by President Rodrigo Duterte on March 25, 2020 as part of efforts to help people economically displaced by the coronavirus disease 2019 pandemic. The amount varies, depending on the prevailing regional minimum wage rates and takes into account the other subsidy programs in cash or in-kind, under the DSWD. The government stressed that SAP’s priority are families who need cash assistance the most, particularly those belonging in the informal sector whose livelihood has been most affected by the quarantine. The charges were filed by the Philippine National Police’s Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) Region 6, according to Police Lieutenant Colonel Gervacio Balmaceda Jr., regional director.