first_imgMedeama SC bowed out of the FA Cup when Liberty Professionals beat them 4-5 on penalty shootout, after the 90 minutes of regulation time had ended with either side scoring a goal each at the T and A park on Sunday.The sensational young attacker, Abass Mohammed continued his goal scoring form for the Tarkwa lads by shooting his team into the lead, before the whiz kid for Liberty Professionals, Latif Blessing pulled even for Liberty Professionals before the half time break.The second half of the game produced no goal, before the referee blew his whistle to evoke penalty shootout to break the tie.Liberty Professionals scored all their 5 penalties, whereas the hosts Medeama scored 4 of their 5 kicks, with Emmanuel Agyemang missing from the spot kick to send the away side in jubilant mood for kicking out the 2015 winners of the FA Cup at their own backyard.Hearts of Oak thrashed second-tier side Wassaman United 3-0 on Sunday at the Accra Sports Stadium to advance to the round of 32 of the 2016 MTN FA Cup.The Phobians despite winning the game were a given good run for their money by the Wassaman based club.The away side dominated play from the early minutes as the Phobians defense were kept busy but the second-tier side failed to convert the chances they created.Hearts of Oak slowly warmed themselves into the game and they punished Wassaman United for their profligacy.In the 38th minute Kenneth Okoro broke the deadlock. Two minutes later Kwame Kizito made it two for the home side as the first half ended advantage 2-0 Hearts of Oak.From the recess, Wassaman United came in stronger with the aim of equalizing the two goals but Hearts of Oak were resolute at the back.However, late in the game, Kenneth Okoro registered his brace on the day with a fantastic finish after he was put through on goal by Ibrahim Musah to give Hearts of Oak a 3-0 win.Asante Kotoko survived a late minute scare from Brong Ahafo 2 division side AK Scion when they settled for a 1-1 draw in regulation time, before winning the penalty shootout 4-1 at the Sunyani Coronation Park to advance to the next stage of the FA Cup.Goalkeeper Ofori Antwi emerged the hero of the evening when he made two saves during the penalty shootout to held Asante Kotoko match to the round of 32 of the FA Cup.Frank Sarfo Gyamfi drew the first blood of the game in the 38 minute, but despite Kotoko benefiting from numerical advantage after AK Scion player was sent off for a 2 yellow card, the 2 division side came into the game strongly and at a point took over possession.The exchanges was an end to end one, but it was AK Scion who exhibited great promise in terms of possession in greater part of the second half and the equalizer was seen coming, so it wasn’t surprising when they struck the much needed goal to bring the game even in the closing minutes of the game to throw it into penalty shootout. Ashanti Gold beat third-tier side Sun City 3-1 at the Obuasi Len Clay Sports Stadium on Sunday in the MTN FA Cup round of 64.The Obuasi based club who have had a patchy run in the Ghana Premier League had an easy day against the lower-tier side.Frederick Quayeson struck the first goal for the Miners before Fuseini Nuhu doubled the home side’s lead. Francis Adjei made it three.Sun City irrespective of the huge presence of Ashanti Gold never got despaired as they reduced the deficit courtesy Adama Sulemana.In the other game at the Nkawkaw Park, Okwawu United gave their teeming fans a well-deserved ‘Easter Gift’ as the second-tier side stunned Premier League side Dreams FC 2-1 on Sunday.Okwawu United took a two goal lead through James Sarfo and Richard Appiah as they dominated play as the Kweiman based club failed to neutralize the attacking play of the second-tier side.Dreams FC managed to pull one back courtesy veteran forward Eric Gawu but despite the late scare from the visitors, Okwawu United held on to win the game. –Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @JoySportsGH. Our hashtag is #JoySportslast_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *