Lit candle falls setting Washougal mobile home on fire

first_imgA woman was treated for smoke inhalation Wednesday night after a mobile home caught fire in Washougal.Around 7:30 p.m., firefighters responded to 4501 Addy St. and saw flames shooting out one side of the home, Camas-Washougal Fire Battalion Chief Allen Wolk said. The fire was extinguished within 15 minutes.Two women and two children were inside at the time but were able to escape, Wolk said. One of the women was treated for smoke inhalation.The fire started when a lit candle fell off of a shelf. Occupants tried to subdue the blaze with water, but the flame set fire to a mattress, Wolk said. Flames mostly damaged one side of the home, but smoke damage spread throughout.“Junk” inside the old, dilapidated residence allowed the fire to spread more easily, and the home will likely be considered a total loss, Wolk said.East County Fire & Rescue aided Camas-Washougal at the scene.last_img read more